« A delicious way to save our planet »
FRANÇOIS-PIERRE BLAIN, founder
Our founder, François-Pierre Blain, has worked for over a decade with other companies that are committed to doing business cleanly and with a positive ecological footprint. In May 2013, a report was released by the UN and it turned out to be the start of Crickbread, our flagship product.
Insect farming is very ecological due to its nutritional qualities and the fact that it can replace the breeding of cattle, pigs and poultry known to be very harmful to the environment.
years of business activities
Foundation of our company
- Founded in Quebec, with the desire to change the world of food by introducing sustainable foods to the menu of North Americans
- We obtained the 2019 CTAQ Grand Prize, for the greatest innovation in Bakery in Quebec
- Launch of our sliced bread made with cricket powder, Grillon le pain Crickbread™, distributed by Coop Alentour
Dans l’oeil du dragon
- We appeared on the show Dans l’œil du dragon, where we signed an agreement with 3 dragons
Crickbread burger buns
- Launch of our burger buns made with cricket powder
- Grillon La Viande Crickmeat™ is a finalist at the CTAQ 2020
- Our burger buns and our entomo-veggie burger patties, Grillon la viande Crickmeat™, are both finalists for the 2021 DUX Grand Prix and Globe Protein won the DUX Grand Prix for: « Précurseur en Ébullition. »